You can choose to purchase ski insurance with your lift pass when you buy it from the Grand Massif ticket desks. This insurance is called “Carte Neige” and covers the costs of getting you off the mountain (including helicopter and ambulance fees) should an incident occur, along with the costs of unused lessons and lift passes. This insurance will not cover your medical costs – you will need your own separate medical insurance for this.
At ZigZag we re-sell “Leisure Sports insurance” which covers rescue and repatriation should it be required, along with the costs of unused lessons and lift passes. For more information about this insurance please visit www.lacompagniedusport.com
La Carte Sports Loisirs insurance costs:
- 1 week individual cover – 18€/pers
- 1 week family cover – 50€/family (family members include parents and their children only)
- Annual* cover individual – 40€/pers
- Annual* cover family – 92€/family
It covers accidents linked to non-professional sports activities only. Cover includes:
- Accidental injury to third parties up to 5,000,000€
- Accidental damages to properties up to 305,000€
- Rescue costs up to 30,000€
- Repatriation costs – full amount
- Legal assistance up to 1,500€
- Unused ski pass and ski lesson reimbursement (except day of accident) up to 600€
Sporting activities excluded from this cover include:
- Accidents resulting from your participation as a professional or under remunerated contract to official competitions organized by a sport federation as well as your training for these competitions and the personal liability linked to these activities.
- High mountain activities over 6000m
- Air sports
- All mechanical sports
*Annual cover is only available for individuals and families who are current French residents
Please note that this information is non-contractual, all documentation will be provided by MMA, Azzuro Assurances and La Companie du Sport upon purchase of insurance.