An unmissable summer activity for the whole family !
Ready to try something refreshingly new? Slip on a wetsuit and get ready to jump, swim, slide and abseil your way down one of the region’s most extraordinary natural canyons !
Canyoning is an adventure activity for all ages and absolutely no previous experience is necessary. Its a great way to get outdoors and into a totally refreshing new environment.
For a detailed description of what to expect, read our Beginner’s Guide to Canyoning in Samoens.
Suitable for anyone over 8 years of age.
A child-friendly version of the larger La Balme descent, skipping all the bits that involve ropes.
A fun-filled descent especially conceived for kids, with lots of slipping, sliding and jumping in a fabulous natural playground.
Suitable for adults and children 12yrs+
A hugely fun canyon ideal for adventurous novices, La Balme offers a great selection of waterfalls, natural waterslides and swimming holes. Easy and accessible, it offers a fabulous introduction to canyoning.
Little La Balme :
– Cost : 45€ per person
– Duration : approximately 2.5 hours
La Balme :
– Cost : 60€ per person
– Duration : approximately 3 hours
What to know before you go :
• Canyoning is an ideal wet-weather activity
• All ZigZag guides speak English
• Participants must be able to swim
• Meeting point – in the parking lot in front of the church at Arâches-La-Frasse (map provided)
• You need to bring – swimwear, a towel and sports shoes suitable for walking in water
• Your guide will provide – a wetsuit, harness and helmet
• Advance booking strongly recommended
This page is also available in: French